lundi 28 octobre 2013

MacBook Pro with Retina display review (15-inch, 2013)



New York City mornings never change, at least not for me. I wake up, I get a bagel and a cup of coffee, and I get on the subway to head to work. I cross my fingers hoping to get a seat so I can delicately balance my coffee between my knees and play a game or two on my phone. I’ve beaten a dozen games on my phone while riding the F train, and at least twice spilled hot coffee all over myself — once on a complete stranger who for some reason didn’t care that I was right in the middle of a key railroad purchase in Pocket Trains.

Recently, I’ve upgraded the experience quite a bit. I don’t get coffee, and as soon as I commandeer a seat, I open up the new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. The 4.46-pound laptop has a gorgeous screen, a fast processor, and a truck of a graphics card. It has all that, and a battery that Apple promises will last all day. It’s a workhorse, a powerhouse of a PC.

The 15-inch Pro, which starts at $1,999, is designed for everyone from the ultimate multitasker to the video producer. But for me? It was my chance to upgrade my commute from Badland and Pocket Trains to Portal 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

Sorry, old lady. This seat’s mine. And I’m probably going to miss my stop.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire